Theological Hmm: Abiding is not a work we do. It is a place we live. In Christ. - Andrew Farley
- FREE PANERA BREAD available FRI 9-10am. Come to side door under canopy. To reach the most people outside our church (which is the point of all our ordinary outreach efforts), left over bread will now be donated on Fridays after 10am and no longer available after. Sorry for any inconvenience
- CANCELED: YOUTH PIZZA MAKING MAR 16 Stay tuned for new date in April
- CANCELED: SINGING BANDS There will be no visitation at Genesis Healthcare after worship this week
- FELLOWSHIP MEAL There is no dinner after worship this week. Next Sabbath MAR 23 plan to come for Vegan Challenge Potluck
- CONDOLENCES There will be a Memorial Service for Dr.David Kawakami on Sabbath MAR 16 @ 3pm who passed away on Tuesday. Everyone is invited to attend. We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Mrs. Kimiko Kawakami and their son, Raymond
- ALZHEIMERS? GET HELP HERE MAR 16 Dr. David's previously scheduled talk "Alzheimer’s - The Third Leading Killer" that was canceled in January due to winter weather will take place this Saturday night @ 7:30pm. So hopefully, those who are interested, can spread the word and attend
- INSIDE WORK BEE Please help us clean the church on SUN MAR 17 @ 9am - noon. Bring rags and any cleaning supplies you may have. Sign up at the bulletin board to let us know you’re coming
- ¡VIVA VENEZUELA OUTREACH! In Venezuela, churches offer resources when they are hard to secure with the country in crisis. So if you want to help, you can donate non perishable food, over the counter medicine, and toiletries items in the black box on the table in the foyer
- SIGN UP SHEETS FIFTH SERVICE SABBATH Our very first "Fifth Service Sabbath" scheduled for MAR 30 is rapidly approaching. Have you decided how you're going to help? Let us know in the church office. We will add your service opportunity to the sign up sheets available in the church foyer. Working in small groups and teams is so much better than solo Christianity! Reminder: The church WILL be open for Sabbath School and as a place to carpool to your area service projects but no organized worship service will occur in the sanctuary on 3/30. May we see what the Pharisees missed: Sabbath is also a day for doing good #Luke 13:10-17; #Luke 20:45-47
- SIX WEEK GROUPS CONTINUE Thank you for taking Jesus' Great Commission seriously and sacrificing six weeks of TV, sports, or other good things to make Acts 2:42 a weekly reality
- SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST I am so proud of longtime Toledo First member and dear friend Will Frey. Recently, he gave me permission to share with you, our church family, that he has been struggling for years with alcohol. But he wants to quit! I assured him that I would pray Philippians 2:13 (NLT) daily in his behalf which says, "13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." Will you join me? And when you see Will, would you please encourage him? We're going to be the kind of church that prays, not condemns, people struggling with addiction!
- ADDICTED? GET HELP HERE We are in the process of training to host a small group for those struggling with addictions but in the meantime, there is already help available now! Martin W. Hall, Executive Director of the Adult & Teen Challenge of NW Ohio, welcomes anyone struggling with addictions to join his "Overcomers" group that currently meets at Compelled Church (8970 Jackman Rd, Temperance, MI 48182) on Mondays at 6:30pm in Room B-17
- DEPRESSED? GET HELP HERE There's a free documentary series airing online MAR 11-20 at 8pm EST on anxiety / depression. Click here for a preview. And click here to register. Wouldn't it be great if there were additional options available to combat depression and anxiety?
SUMMER CAMP MOHAVEN REGISTRATION Once again, our 50/50 deal for young campers 6-17 is available. All you have to do is register online at ohiosdayouth.org/camp-
mohaven and pay your half while adding a message that Toledo First will be paying the balance. The church will be notified and pay the balance. Cub Camp (Ages 6-9) is JUN 9-16; Junior Camp (Ages 9-12) is JUN 16-23; Horse Camp 1 (Ages 8-12) is JUN 23-30; Tween Camp (Ages 12-15) is JUN 30 - JUL 7; Horse Camp 2 (Ages 13-17) is JUN 30-JUL 7; and Teen Camp (Ages 15-17) is JUL 7-14. Questions? Contact (937) 853-8456; youth@ohioadventist. org
- FAITH, HOPE & LOVE MAR 19 is a heartwarming romantic comedy that opens in theaters nationwide mid-March about two vulnerable, lost souls who have each suffered deep losses and have their guards up, as a result. When their lives connect, they begin to discover new perspectives on life, love, and faith. Since it is not playing in any local theaters, this event will be canceled for TUE MAR 19 @ 7pm
- CAMPANAS CRISTALIS Our bell choir, Campanas Cristalis, is raising money to purchase an additional large silver bell. To give, please mark your tithe envelope accordingly and place in the offering plate
- SPANISH ADVENTIST GROUP OF TOLEDO meets each Sabbath in the Fellowship Room from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Please keep hallway and kitchen noise to a minimum
- WOMEN'S PRAYER GROUP meets after worship in the church office
- OPEN TABLE CONTINUES Mondays. Please pray for our volunteer's ministry to Lorie as she re-acclimates to life after being rescued from human traffickers
- SUNDAY BIBLE STUDY GROUP 10am-12noon for Bible Study with Regina Davis—at church and continues Sundays same time. Everyone is invited
- "SOUP" (sometimes its subs or pizza or tacos...) FOR YOU RESUMES APR 3 (and concludes 5/22/19). We will be discussing Helmut Haubeil's book Steps to Personal Revival: Being Filled With The Holy Spirit" at 6:30pm. Books are available in the church office for a donation of $5 while supplies last. Let us show you how to lead a small group. Then you can tell others how somewhere else. Would make a great Six Week Group book
- RE-CHARGE HIGH SCHOOL GATHERING APR 6 ReCharge The Ohio Conference invites high school aged youth to a high school gathering scheduled April 6 at 10:30am, Worthington SDA Church, Worthington, Ohio. Join us for food, worship, and games! For more information contact Edward Marton: 567.274.7087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOCUMENTARY SHOWING: "GETTING TO 1" APR 6 Every Christian in NW Ohio should be equipped to share the readily available resources to combat the rising infant mortality rate among black babies. This documentary helps do that. Please make plans to invite other Christian friends to join us @ 7:30pm. Stay tuned for specific room location but showing will be at church
- SCRAPBOOKING APR 7 is from 10am - 8pm. Join the group! A great ordinary outreach
- UPDATED SAVE THE DATE APR 14 The “I Remember When” Party will be Sunday, April 14, 5pm. Set up a reminder in your phone, circle it in red on your calendar, even write it on your mirror so you won’t want miss it. Come for a light supper at 5pm, reminisce, chuckle at old photos, sing, and play a game or two. It’ll be fun for all!
- BAPTISM APR 20 Easter is a great time to be baptized. Romans 6:3-4 says, "3 Have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives."
- IMMERSION YOUNG ADULT RETREAT APR 19-21 Ohio Conference invites you to a high school gathering scheduled APR 6 at 10:30am, at Worthington SDA Church. Enjoy food, worship, and games! Q’s? contact Edward Marton: 567.274.7087 or email@example.com
- STOP THE BLEEDING APR 23 If someone were to be stabbed or even shot in front of you, would you know what to do to help them? A free class is being offered by ProMedica to teach people what to do in a trauma situation. Join our church security team members in the Fellowship Hall for this important one hour class @ 7pm
- ABBREVIATED CHURCH BUSINESS MEETING APR 23 There will be an abbreviated church business meeting in the Youth Room (off east hallway) on TUE APR 23 @ 6:30pm prior to the Stop the Bleeding class in the Fellowship Hall @ 7pm
- YOUTH SPRING CAMPOUT at Camp Miakonda either May 3, or 17 (the first nice weekend of those two dates.) So save the date(s) and start collecting water guns and asking your parents if they will come help us play Bible Smuggler again! Contact Jen Landeros for more info
- MOTHER'S DAY TEA MAY 11 coming soon. Stay tuned for more info
MEN'S RETREAT AT CAMP MOHAVEN MAY 17-19 Using biblical principals, hands-on activities and open communication, retreat leaders inspire men to embrace their God-given masculinity by changing hearts, marriages, families, churches and more. Friday night the special guest will be Andy Weaver from the West Salem Mission church. He and his family were born and raised Amish before joining the Seventh-day Adventist Church. If you know a person who might be struggling in their spiritual life, invite them to the retreat. Begin praying for the person you would like to invite to the retreat. Prices begin at $50 per person with meals, $20 without meals (50/50 deal available for TF members). For more information contact: Ken Franklin, Men’s Ministries Coordinator at 440.669.4499 or ohioswildlifesolution@gmail.
- LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE is a half hour television talk show focused on living a full, healthy and balanced life. It features panel discussions, interview and demonstration segments focused on whole life health, including fitness, nutrition, relationships. outlook and more. You can find the programs each week on Sky Angel Faith and Family TV, Uplift TV, DirecTV channel 368 or 378, Hope Channel, NRB Network, faithfortoday.tv, lif
estyle.org, Roku, AppleTV, and AmazonFire TV. Please check these networks’ websites for air times or call Faith for Today at 805.955.7681
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING ARCHIVE is avail online. So if you missed it 12/1, you can now watch and send me your TF Takeaways
- JESUS MOVIES What's your fave? Faith, Hope & Love, Christmas Grace; The Nativity Story; The Star; The Conscientious Objector (2004); The Ultimate Gift; Shadowlands; The Shack; Cutback; Soul Surfer; Grace UnPlugged; End of the Spear; The Mission; Beautifully Broken; Running for Grace; Steve McQueen: American Icon; The Resurrection of Gavin Stone; Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed; Is Genesis History?; God's Not Dead; Fireproof; War Room; The Case for Christ; The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry; Amazing Grace; Once I Was a Beehive; I Can Only Imagine
- GEOSCIENCE RESEARCH INSTITUTE If you've never heard of the Geoscience Research Institute, here's their website https://www.grisda.org
Established in 1958, this organization is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a mission to discover and share an understanding of nature and its relationship with the Biblical revelation of the Creator God. It has all kinds of resources and articles related to intelligent design and evolution and dinosaurs and many other interesting subjects. I enjoy reading their quarterly email update. You can subscribe by clicking here and filling out the form asking to be included in their quarterly e-newsletter
- ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES The Discover Bible Study series is online. Anyone can enroll and complete them in the privacy and comfort of their own home. Good for friends and family interested in becoming acquainted with the Bible and finding answers for facing the issues and challenges you deal with every day. Remember and refer others to this website: biblestudies.com
- PRAYERS AND PRAISES Because we need to be praising God with our lips (Psalm 63:3), here's another alternative...email CathieH directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your praise. Yes, it can be anonymous, if you prefer. Just specify in your email you don't want your name mentioned. You can still write your prayers & praises and put them in the box at the foot of the cross in the foyer at the courtyard exit doors. Cards and pencils are provided
- BEST COMMENTARIES ON DANIEL AND REVELATION Want a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse practical but thorough commentary on the book of Daniel or Revelation from an Adventist viewpoint? Here's what I use and recommend Daniel: Wisdom to the Wise and Revelation of Jesus Christ
NEW SERMONS Please see church website for sermon archives and more info at tfsda.org
- MAR 16 - TBA (Morlon Harris preaching)
- MAR 23 - As You Wish (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 23:1-25)
- MAR 30 - Fifth Service Sabbath (church is open for Sabbath School and as an organization / car pool location but no organized worship service)
- APR 6 - Remember Me (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 23:26-43)
- OUR WELCOME We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, gay, filthy rich, dirt poor, y no habla ingles. We extend a special welcome to those who are crying newborns, skinny as a rail, or could afford to lose a few pounds. We welcome you if you sing like Andrea Bocelli or can’t carry a note in a bucket. You’re welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re more Catholic than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s baptism. We welcome service dogs and their handlers. We welcome Muslims, Jews, politicians, and sinners like us. We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk- food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems, or you’re down in the dumps, or you don’t like “organized religion;” we’ve been there too. If you blew all your offering money at the casino, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, who work hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or come because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church. We welcome those who are inked, pierced, or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers, doubters, bleeding hearts...and you.
- OUR STORY Our church website at the very bottom of the home page has an excellent downloadable resource featuring our story and explanation of our unique Christian Adventist emphasis. It's called the Toledo First Assimilation Manual and if you've never read it, I would encourage you to do so. And don't forget, God loves you like crazy. And so do we (2 Corinthians 5:13-14 NLT)!