Theological Hmm: While they were contending for the highest place, He to whom every knee shall bow, He whom the angels of glory count it honor to serve, bowed down to wash the feet of those who called Him Lord. He washed the feet of His betrayer. Now, having washed the disciples’ feet, He said, “I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” In these words Christ was not merely enjoining the practice of hospitality. More was meant than the washing of the feet of guests to remove the dust of travel. Christ was here instituting a religious service. It was to be observed by the disciples, that they might ever keep in mind His lessons of humility and service. - Ellen White
- FREE PANERA BREAD available FRI 9-10am. Come to side door under canopy
- COMMUNION JAN 26 Everyone is invited to participate in communion and foot washing this week in church. May God richly bless each one. Because we share the fellowship hall with the Spanish Adventist Group of Toledo, the ladies participating in communion foot washing will do so in the Youth Room and East Hall not the Fellowship Room
- TJA DINNER AND MOVIE NIGHT JAN 26 @ 6:30pm. Dinner is $5/person or $20/family of 5. Movie is free with snacks available for purchase during the movie. Everyone is invited to come to this fundraiser for the school
- WOMEN'S PRAYER GROUP meets after worship in the church office
- OPEN TABLE CONTINUES after church. Don't forget to bring your sack lunch!
- SINGING BANDS You are invited to join the singers and encouragers who go to Elizabeth Scott Community, 2720 Albon Rd., Maumee Sabbath at 3pm
- ENTRANCE TO TF CHURCH BIBLE STUDY RESUMES JAN 26 @ 5pm in the church office
- TJA SPAGHETTI DINNER AND MOVIE NIGHT starting at 6:30pm. Dinner is $5/person or $20/family of 5. Movie is free with snacks available for purchase during the movie. Everyone is invited to come to this fundraiser for the school
- SUNDAY BIBLE STUDY GROUP 10am-12noon for Bible Study with Regina Davis—at church and continues Sundays same time. Everyone is invited
- BAILEY FAMILY FUNDRAISER JAN 27 2-8pm at Sylvania American Legion 5880 Centennial Rd, Sylvania, OH. Marcus was the victim of a brutal attack with a baseball bat. He is fighting for his life. This fundraiser will benefit the family as they have not been able to work while being at his side
- "SOUP" (sometimes its subs or pizza or tacos...) FOR YOU CONTINUES JAN 30 (and 2/6; 2/13). We will be discussing Tom Hughes' book Perfect Grace! at 6:30pm. Books are available in the church office for a donation of $5. Let us show you how to lead a small group. Then you can tell others how somewhere else. Would make a great Six Week Group book
- TRAFFICK JAM THUR JAN 31 from 4pm - 9pm. at UT Student Union Auditorium at the University of Toledo sponsored by The Daughter Project and International Justice Mission. This will be a day dedicated to raising awareness and fundraising for Toledo anti-human trafficking efforts. There will be a concert held by local bands, tons of games, and numerous informational booths from some of Toledo's community organization that help combat human trafficking. You can purchase supper there including pizza, chicken nuggets, hummus, chips, and drinks
- YOUTH MISSION TRIP RSVP Teens and parents are invited to contact Jen Landeros ASAP (email@example.com) if you're interested in going with ADRA to Brazil on a mission trip in JUL 2019
- BOYS TODDLER CLOTHES Do you have new or gently used toddler boys clothes you no longer need? Sizes 12M and up are needed. Please bring clothing to church. Thank you!
- TOBOGGANING FEB 2 Join the group going to Pokagon State Park, Angola, Indiana for the ultimate Tobogganing experience. Meet at 4pm on FEB 2, canopy side of the church. Don’t be late! Cost is $5 and includes pizza on the way home
INVITATIONS GROUP FEB 2 & 9 Please contact Felipe Zapata (419.250.5889; felipeogando@
yahoo.com) to join the group handing out Valentines for Toledo invitation cards after church #blessedtobeablessing
- CARDS FOR SOLDIERS FEB 12 at 6:30-8:30pm in the Fellowship Room. The parts for the handmade cards are precut and ready to assemble. The cards are provided to our servicemen who in turn can send them to their loved ones. Everyone is invited to help. Please bring scissors and scrapbooking adhesive if you have them. All we are asking is to please let Brenda Szana know if you will be attending so she can know how many to plan for. Any questions, please contact Brenda Szana at 419-356-3719 or HappyScrapper64@bex.net
- VALENTINES FOR TOLEDO FEB 16 Our annual winter church evangelistic effort is coming so save the date and time 7-8:30pm for a very special concert featuring teenage piano protege Elle Rhee. Invite cards will be available two weeks before. This year's love offering will benefit the local non-profit organization she started called "Spectacles for Students"
- RE-CHARGE HIGH SCHOOL GATHERING APR 6 ReCharge The Ohio Conference invites high school aged youth to a high school gathering scheduled April 6 at 10:30am, Worthington SDA Church, Worthington, Ohio. Join us for food, worship, and games! For more information contact Edward Marton: 567.274.7087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMMERSION YOUNG ADULT RETREAT APR 19-21 at Camp Mohaven, Danville, Ohio. The Ohio Conference invites adults aged (?) for a weekend of spiritual growth and fellowship. Register online: www.ohiosdayoiuth.org/young-
adult. For questions, contact: Edward Marton, 567.274.7087 or email@example.com
- LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE is a half hour television talk show focused on living a full, healthy and balanced life. It features panel discussions, interview and demonstration segments focused on whole life health, including fitness, nutrition, relationships. outlook and more. You can find the programs each week on Sky Angel Faith and Family TV, Uplift TV, DirecTV channel 368 or 378, Hope Channel, NRB Network, faithfortoday.tv, lif
estyle.org, Roku, AppleTV, and AmazonFire TV. Please check these networks’ websites for air times or call Faith for Today at 805.955.7681
- SPANISH ADVENTIST GROUP OF TOLEDO meets each Sabbath in the Fellowship Room from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Please keep hallway and kitchen noise to a minimum. Here's their Facebook page
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING ARCHIVE is avail online. So if you missed it 12/1, you can now watch and send me your TF Takeaways
- FIFTH SERVICE SABBATHS 2019 The church will be open on months with a fifth Sabbath but no organized worship service will occur 3/30; 6/29; 8/31 and 11/30. We encourage you instead to plan ahead as Sabbath Schools or Six Week Groups or church friends to be a blessing to others. The older members are invited to make Cards for Soldiers in the fellowship hall. A list of church members shut in that teams could visit will also be available. A sign up sheet to serve the midday meal at Cherry Street will be available. Additional service opportunities as you submit them will be listed on the bulletin board. May God help us stop pretending to be pious religious know it alls. The end! #Deuteronomy 7:10 #Luke20:45-47
- JESUS MOVIES What's your fave? Christmas Grace; The Nativity Story; The Star; The Conscientious Objector (2004); The Ultimate Gift; Shadowlands; The Shack; Cutback; Soul Surfer; Grace UnPlugged; End of the Spear; The Mission; Beautifully Broken; Running for Grace; Steve McQueen: American Icon; The Resurrection of Gavin Stone; Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed; Is Genesis History?; God's Not Dead; Fireproof; War Room; The Case for Christ; The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry; Amazing Grace; Once I Was a Beehive; I Can Only Imagine
- GEOSCIENCE RESEARCH INSTITUTE If you've never heard of the Geoscience Research Institute, here's their website https://www.grisda.org
Established in 1958, this organization is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a mission to discover and share an understanding of nature and its relationship with the Biblical revelation of the Creator God. It has all kinds of resources and articles related to intelligent design and evolution and dinosaurs and many other interesting subjects. I enjoy reading their quarterly email update. You can subscribe by clicking here and filling out the form asking to be included in their quarterly e-newsletter
- ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES The Discover Bible Study series is online. Anyone can enroll and complete them in the privacy and comfort of their own home minus all the USPS mailings. Good for friends and family interested in becoming acquainted with the Bible and finding answers for facing the issues and challenges you deal with every day. Remember and refer others to this website: biblestudies.com
- PRAYERS AND PRAISES Because we need to be praising God with our lips (Psalm 63:3), here's another alternative...email CathieH directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your praise. Yes, it can be anonymous, if you prefer. Just specify in your email you don't want your name mentioned. You can still write your prayers & praises and put them in the box at the foot of the cross in the foyer at the courtyard exit doors. Cards and pencils are provided
- BEST COMMENTARIES ON DANIEL AND REVELATION Want a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse practical but thorough commentary on the book of Daniel or Revelation from an Adventist viewpoint? Here's what I use and recommend Daniel: Wisdom to the Wise and Revelation of Jesus Christ
NEW SERMONS Please see church website for sermon archives and more info at tfsda.org
- JAN 26 - Betrayed (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:1-6) *Also communion
- FEB 2 - The Last Supper (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:7-30)
- FEB 9 - Adventist Frontier Mission: Cambodia (Aaron Case and friends)
- FEB 16 - A Predicted Denial (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:31-38)
- OUR WELCOME We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, gay, filthy rich, dirt poor, y no habla ingles. We extend a special welcome to those who are crying newborns, skinny as a rail, or could afford to lose a few pounds. We welcome you if you sing like Andrea Bocelli or can’t carry a note in a bucket. You’re welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re more Catholic than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s baptism. We welcome service dogs and their handlers. We welcome Muslims, Jews, politicians, and sinners like us. We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk- food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems, or you’re down in the dumps, or you don’t like “organized religion;” we’ve been there too. If you blew all your offering money at the casino, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, who work hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or come because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church. We welcome those who are inked, pierced, or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers, doubters, bleeding hearts...and you.
- OUR STORY Our church website at the very bottom of the home page has an excellent downloadable resource featuring our story and explanation of our unique Christian Adventist emphasis. It's called the Toledo First Assimilation Manual and if you've never read it, I would encourage you to do so. And don't forget, God loves you like crazy. And so do we (2 Corinthians 5:13-14 NLT)!