Theological Hmm: What if rich did not have to mean wealthy, and whole did not have to mean healed? What if being people of "the gospel" meant that we are simply people with good news? God is here. We are loved. It is enough. - Kate Bowler
- FREE PANERA BREAD available FRI 9-10am. Come to side door under canopy
- YOUTH MISSION TRIP RSVP Teens and parents are invited to contact Jen Landeros ASAP (email@example.com) if you're interested in going with ADRA to Brazil on a mission trip in JUN / JUL 2019
- BOYS TODDLER CLOTHES Do you have new or gently used toddler boys clothes you no longer need? Sizes 12T and up are needed. Please bring clothing to church. Thank you!
- ALZHEIMER'S GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP The goal of this group is to provide support for families who are experiencing grief related to the loss of a friend or family member from Alzheimer's disease or other related memory loss disorder. Meets at Alzheimer's Association, 2500 N. Reynolds Rd, Toledo, OH 43615
LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE is a half hour television talk show focused on living a full, healthy and balanced life. It features panel discussions, interview and demonstration segments focused on whole life health, including fitness, nutrition, relationships. outlook and more. You can find the programs each week on Sky Angel Faith and Family TV, Uplift TV, DirecTV channel 368 or 378, Hope Channel, NRB Network, faithfortoday.tv, lif
estyle.org, Roku, AppleTV, and AmazonFire TV. Please check these networks’ websites for air times or call Faith for Today at 805.955.7681
INVITATIONS GROUP JAN 12 Please contact Felipe Zapata (419.250.5889; felipeogando@
yahoo.com) to join the group handing out Your Health Your Choice invitation cards after church #blessedtobeablessing
- "SOUP" (sometimes its subs or pizza or tacos...) FOR YOU CONTINUES JAN 16 (and 1/23; 1/30; 2/6; 2/13). We will be discussing Tom Hughes' book Perfect Grace! at 6:30pm. Books are available in the church office for a donation of $5. Let us show you how to lead a small group. Then you can tell others how somewhere else. Would make a great Six Week Group book
- ENTRANCE TO TF CHURCH BIBLE STUDY RESUMES JAN 12 @ 5pm in the church office (and 1/26)
- SCRAPBOOKING / CRAFTING / CARD MAKING JAN 13 from 10am - 8pm. Pick up a bright yellow registration form at the foyer table
- TJA KINDERGARTEN ROUNDUP AND VISITORS DAY JAN 16 begins at 9am and concludes at 11am. Contact TJA for more info 419.841.0082 and help us recruit for Kindergarten next school year
- YOUTH PIZZA MAKING / AFTERNOON SERVICE PROJECT JAN 19 Join us in the kitchen right after regular potluck begins. Service project (3-5pm) follows pizza making
- YOUR HEALTH YOUR CHOICE JAN 18-19, 2019 Your Health Your Choice is free and open to the public. So make plans now to spend a rewarding Friday evening vespers JAN 18 @ 7:30pm as Dr.Charles David shares "Why Do What I Do" about retiring from decades of ER medicine to become a medical missionary. On Sabbath 11am, he will take the sermon time to share "The Global Health Crisis: Believers' Opportunity." And on SAT @ 5:30pm, he (and a panel of additional MDs) will be available to provide referrals or answer your health related questions personally and confidentially. Who do you know in your sphere of influence that might have unanswered health questions you could bring?
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST / CHURCH BUSINESS MEETING SUN JAN 20 Pancakes served @ 9-9:30am; Church Business Meeting follows at 10am
- COMMUNION JAN 26 Our next quarterly communion service will be JAN 26
- TJA DINNER AND MOVIE NIGHT JAN 26 @ 6:30pm. Come and support our school and students
- TRAFFICK JAM THUR JAN 31 from 4pm - 9pm. at UT Student Union Auditorium at the University of Toledo sponsored by The Daughter Project and International Justice Mission. This will be a day dedicated to raising awareness and fundraising for Toledo anti-human trafficking efforts. There will be a concert held by local bands, tons of games, and numerous informational booths from some of Toledo's community organization that help combat human trafficking
- TOBOGGANING FEB 2 at Pokagon State Park, Angola, Indiana. Meet at canopy side of church at 4pm. Cost is $5 per person and includes pizza on the way home. Everyone’s invited!
INVITATIONS GROUP FEB 2 & 9 Please contact Felipe Zapata (419.250.5889; felipeogando@
yahoo.com) to join the group handing out Valentines for Toledo invitation cards after church #blessedtobeablessing
- OPEN TABLE CONTINUES Please pray for our Open Table volunteers
- SPANISH ADVENTIST GROUP OF TOLEDO meets each Sabbath in the Fellowship Room from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Please keep hallway and kitchen noise to a minimum. Here's their Facebook page
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING ARCHIVE is avail online. So if you missed it 12/1, you can now watch and send me your TF Takeaways
- SUNDAY BIBLE STUDY GROUP 10am-12noon for Bible Study with Regina Davis—at church and continues Sundays same time. Everyone is invited
- VALENTINES FOR TOLEDO FEB 16 Our annual winter church evangelistic effort is coming so save the date and time 7-8:30pm for a very special concert featuring teenage piano protege Elle Rhee. Invite cards will be available two weeks before. This year's love offering will benefit the local non-profit organization she started called "Spectacles for Students"
- FIFTH SERVICE SABBATHS 2019 The church will be open but no organized worship service will occur 3/30; 6/29; 8/31 and 11/30. We encourage you instead to plan ahead as Sabbath Schools or Six Week Groups or church friends to be a blessing to the poor and needy. The older members are invited to make Cards for Soldiers in the fellowship hall. A list of church members shut in that teams could visit will also be available. Additional service opportunities as you submit them will be listed on the bulletin board. May God help us stop pretending to be pious religious know it alls. The end! #Deuteronomy 7:10 #Luke20:45-47
- JESUS MOVIES What's your fave? Christmas Grace; The Nativity Story; The Star; The Conscientious Objector (2004); The Ultimate Gift; Shadowlands; The Shack; Cutback; Soul Surfer; Grace UnPlugged; End of the Spear; The Mission; Beautifully Broken; Running for Grace; Steve McQueen: American Icon; The Resurrection of Gavin Stone; Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed; Is Genesis History?; God's Not Dead; Fireproof; War Room; The Case for Christ; The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry; Amazing Grace; Once I Was a Beehive; I Can Only Imagine
- GEOSCIENCE RESEARCH INSTITUTE If you've never heard of the Geoscience Research Institute, here's their website https://www.grisda.org
Established in 1958, this organization is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a mission to discover and share an understanding of nature and its relationship with the Biblical revelation of the Creator God. It has all kinds of resources and articles related to intelligent design and evolution and dinosaurs and many other interesting subjects. I enjoy reading their quarterly email update. You can subscribe by clicking here and filling out the form asking to be included in their quarterly e-newsletter
- ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES The Discover Bible Study series is online. Anyone can enroll and complete them in the privacy and comfort of their own home minus all the USPS mailings. Good for friends and family interested in becoming acquainted with the Bible and finding answers for facing the issues and challenges you deal with every day. Remember and refer others to this website: biblestudies.com
- PRAYERS AND PRAISES Because we need to be praising God with our lips (Psalm 63:3), here's another alternative...email CathieH directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your praise. Yes, it can be anonymous, if you prefer. Just specify in your email you don't want your name mentioned. You can still write your prayers & praises and put them in the box at the foot of the cross in the foyer at the courtyard exit doors. Cards and pencils are provided
- BEST COMMENTARIES ON DANIEL AND REVELATION Want a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse practical but thorough commentary on the book of Daniel or Revelation from an Adventist viewpoint? Here's what I use and recommend Daniel: Wisdom to the Wise and Revelation of Jesus Christ
NEW SERMONS Please see church website for sermon archives and more info at tfsda.org
- JAN 12 - Nearing the End of the Beginning: Part 3 (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 21:29-38)
- JAN 19 - Betrayed (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:1-6)
- JAN 26 - The Last Supper (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:7-30) *Also communion
- FEB 2 - A Predicted Denial (Pastor Mike preaching from Luke 22:31-38)
- OUR WELCOME We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, gay, filthy rich, dirt poor, y no habla ingles. We extend a special welcome to those who are crying newborns, skinny as a rail, or could afford to lose a few pounds. We welcome you if you sing like Andrea Bocelli or can’t carry a note in a bucket. You’re welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re more Catholic than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s baptism. We welcome service dogs and their handlers. We welcome Muslims, Jews, politicians, and sinners like us. We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk- food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems, or you’re down in the dumps, or you don’t like “organized religion;” we’ve been there too. If you blew all your offering money at the casino, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, who work hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or come because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church. We welcome those who are inked, pierced, or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers, doubters, bleeding hearts...and you.
- OUR STORY Our church website at the very bottom of the home page has an excellent downloadable resource featuring our story and explanation of our unique Christian Adventist emphasis. It's called the Toledo First Assimilation Manual and if you've never read it, I would encourage you to do so. And don't forget, God loves you like crazy. And so do we (2 Corinthians 5:13-14 NLT)!