(Photos Courtesy Jean Kline)
Theological Hmm: I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right. - Billy Grahem
- LAP QUILTS Way to go to the circle of friends who started a new ministry Tuesdays 10am at TF! They're making small lap quilts for seniors, those wheelchair-bound or shut-in. As you can see, the recipients love them! And each one comes with a patch explaining where the quilt came from and why so loved ones can contact us should they want more info. See Pat Kline for more info
- CONDOLENCES We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Katie and Gary Swackhamer following the death of Katie’s father, Bruce Alcock last Friday. Visitation is today from 5-8pm and Funeral is FRI OCT 19 @ 10am at Walker Funeral Home
- CASSEROLES NEEDED Anyone willing to share a casserole (vegetarian and non) with a family who would welcome the support? We'd like to provide one or two a month for a few months. Please contact Dee at the church office if you're able to help 419.882.6200; firstname.lastname@example.org
- HERE WE GROW AGAIN OCT 20 Two more baptisms and two more professions of faith this week at church. Let's welcome David, Cindy, Jonathan and Jessica into our TF Church Family!
- FRIENDSHIP DINNER Everyone is invited to stay after church for the Friendship Dinner hosted by Rose Cross, Shirlie Heiney and their dinner team
- DANIEL The Bowling Green SDA Church invites you to “Exploring the Book of Daniel” with Tom Proudfoot every third Sabbath at 2pm throughout 2018. Meetings will be held at the church, 331 S. Enterprise St., Bowling Green
- SINGING BAND Join the group after church going to Genesis HealthCare, 5757 Whiteford Rd., Sylvania at 3pm
- ENTRANCE TO TF CHURCH BIBLE STUDY BEGINS SAT OCT 20 @ 5pm in the church office (continuing 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15, 1/12, 1/26)
- PLATFORM SET UP SAT OCT 20 We need all hands (and drills) on deck to help assemble the bell choir platforms in the sanctuary starting at 7:30pm. Join us! Set up continues SUN OCT 21 @ 10am. Sign up at the bulletin board for MON - TUE - WED help opportunities
- VEGGIE FOOD ORDERS DUE TUE OCT 23 Food Order forms are on the table in the foyer. Orders are due OCT 23. Delivery: OCT 30
- KITCHEN HELP NEEDED FOR RINGFEST Former TF member and dear friend Judy Riley will be here to coordinate the kitchen crew. But if you're able to help, please let her know you can! Please contact Judy Riley at 419-290-0558 ASAP
- RINGFEST CONCERT is FRI OCT 26 @ 7:30pm
- OPEN TABLE TRAININGS BEGIN OCT 27 We collected ten apps and have two substitutes. They have been turned into The Daughter Project and the training begins next week (10/27; 11/3; 11/17). Please pray our Open Table volunteers
- RANGER DAVE MEMORIAL OCT 27 David Robinson, 55, has passed away after battling cancer. Dave was the Camp Mohaven Ranger and pastor of the Delaware SDA Church. The memorial service is SAT OCT 27 @ 4pm at Camp Mohaven. Reflections and memories can be sent to email@example.com
- SIX WEEK GROUPS DYK the church was organized for outreach using small groups? Acts 2:42 NLT says, "ALL the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and...to prayer." You could start the week of WED NOV 7 (and continue 11/14; 11/28; 12/5; 12/12; 12/19) for prayer, reading, and sharing in your home or somewhere else. You could begin with Searching for the God of Grace or Perfect Grace! (both avail in church office while supplies last). The possibilities are endless but time is not. So how will you plan to participate in Jesus' great commission? Would love to see organized options for teens, young adults, and women's prayer. Please let us know if you are starting a group. Will be happy to help advertise for you!
- SHOE DRIVE Elle Rhee, sophomore class president at Northview High School (Sylvania) is collecting gently used shoes for a non-profit organization that sends them to developing countries and has invited us to partner with her. So look for the collection bin to be placed in our church foyer soon and begin rounding up your gently used shoes to bring with you to church for donation
- PANERA BREAD (and every Friday) 9:00 - 10:00am. Come through east canopy doors
- FINANCIAL UPDATE Our church treasurer Duane shares that we have received 73% ($110,470) of the anticipated $151,340 we need for local church budget. Thanks for your cheerful financial support!
- CUPCAKES WITH JAMES MEADE NOV 3 Plan to celebrate our daycare's 15th anniversary after church. We started the center with 3 teachers, 3 classrooms, 1 director, and 12 students. We did not offer infant care until after our second anniversary. Today we have grown to 10 teachers, 6 classrooms, 1 director, and 70 students
- PATHFINDER SABBATH AND PINEWOOD DERBY NOV 10 You are invited to worship, lunch, vespers, & Pinewood Derby on NOV 10. Our guest speaker will be Edward Marton, Ohio Conference Youth Director. We will be joined by Pathfinders from clubs all over Ohio and southern Michigan throughout the day. Everyone is invited to stay for Fellowship Potluck. After lunch, we will be offering several honors for the Pathfinders to earn. Supper for the Pathfinders will begin at 5:30. Then as the Pathfinders and chaperones go into the sanctuary for the evening (possibly with a snake or two), the Toledo First crew will begin weighing in cars for the Pinewood Derby. The race will begin about 7pm and races will continue until all the entries have had at least two races down the track. There will be snacks for sale during the race and we would love to have you join us for vespers and the race - maybe even race your own entry in the adult race. See you there. And thanks again for all your support throughout the year. —Linda Bilby, Adventurer & Pathfinder Director
- COMMUNICATION TRAINING NOV 11 Anyone able and willing to drive to Columbus Eastwood church to represent TF for training on 1) how church's can better utilize social media and 2) how churches can best respond to a crisis? This training is from 10am to 4pm. Do let me know! Meal and mileage provided
- PERFECT GRACE! NOV 16-18 Tom Hughes will be here NOV 16-18 to talk about his new book Perfect Grace! – It’s All About Jesus. So make plans now to spend a rewarding Friday evening vespers NOV 16 @ 7:30pm, SAT NOV 17 @ 11am and 7:30pm, and SUN NOV 18 @ 10am. Free pancake breakfast @ 9am precedes the final presentation at 10am. $5 copies of his book ARE available in the church office
- CONTINUING EDUCATION DEC 1 Might you be available to stay after church and Marilu's Friendship Dinner DEC 1 at 2pm for a presentation about church grown and membership retention? It's been well received at Northwood and I think it could be useful for us at TF too. I see it as continuing education for elders / deacons / teachers / point persons but would be helpful for all followers of Jesus
- CHRISTMAS EVE We have been invited to host this year’s multi-church community Christmas Eve program (5-6pm). So people from Washington Church, Missionary Alliance, Grace Church, and other local congregations in Toledo will be joining us in TF on MON DEC 24 from 5-6pm for a beautiful candle lit Christmas Eve service. Stay tuned for more details and if you're in town, don't miss this! It's gonna be special
- YOUR HEALTH YOUR CHOICE JAN 18-20, 2019 Toledo First welcomes back friend and former member (when he lived locally) Dr.Charles David. He is coming to share how his medical missionary work around the world (I recently woke him up in Bangkok) has been received and some practical ways we can improve our health in the new year. So make plans now to spend a rewarding Friday evening vespers JAN 18 @ 7:30pm, SAT JAN 19 @ 11am and 7:30pm, and SUN JAN 20 @ 10am. Free pancake breakfast @ 9am precedes the final presentation at 10am followed by Church Business Meeting @ 11am
- VALENTINES FOR TOLEDO FEB 16 Save the date and time 7-8:30pm for a very special concert and evangelistic outreach effort benefiting another local non-profit organization here in Toledo. Join us!
- ISRAEL TRIP FEB 9-17, 2019 Nine days where Jesus walked! Round-trip airfare from Chicago to Tel Aviv. All taxes included. Buffet style breakfast and dinner daily at hotels. Double occupancy rooms. Fish lunch by the Sea of Galilee. Touring via luxury motor coach with fluent English speaking tour guide. All entrance fees to park and visiting sites. Price: $2,280. Financial assistance is available from church. Not included: Travel insurance highly recommended. Tips for guide and driver
- JESUS MOVIES What's your fave? Cutback; Soul Surfer; Grace UnPlugged; End of the Spear; The Mission; Beautifully Broken; Running for Grace; Steve McQueen: American Icon; The Resurrection of Gavin Stone; Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed; Is Genesis History?; God's Not Dead; Fireproof; War Room; The Case for Christ; The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry; Amazing Grace; Once I Was a Beehive; I Can Only Imagine
- ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES The Discover Bible Study series is online. Anyone can enroll and complete them in the privacy and comfort of their own home minus all the USPS mailings. Good for friends and family interested in becoming acquainted with the Bible and finding answers for facing the issues and challenges you deal with every day. Remember and refer others to this website: biblestudies.com
- PRAYERS AND PRAISES Because we need to be praising God with our lips (Psalm 63:3), here's another alternative...email CathieH directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your praise. Yes, it can be anonymous, if you prefer. Just specify in your email you don't want your name mentioned. You can still write your prayers & praises and put them in the box at the foot of the cross in the foyer at the courtyard exit doors. Cards and pencils are provided
- BEST COMMENTARIES ON DANIEL AND REVELATION Want a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse practical but thorough commentary on the book of Daniel or Revelation from an Adventist viewpoint? Here's what I use and recommend Daniel: Wisdom to the Wise and Revelation of Jesus Christ
NEW SERMONS Please see church website for sermon archives and more info at tfsda.org
- OCT 20 - The Fifth Blessing from Revelation (Pastor Mike preaching from Revelation 20:6)
- OCT 27 - TBA *Also Ringfest
- NOV 3 - The Sixth and Seventh Blessings from Revelation (Pastor Mike preaching from Revelation 22:7; 22:14)
- NOV 10 - Pathfinder Sabbath (Pastor Ed preaching)
- OUR WELCOME We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, gay, filthy rich, dirt poor, y no habla ingles. We extend a special welcome to those who are crying newborns, skinny as a rail, or could afford to lose a few pounds. We welcome you if you sing like Andrea Bocelli or can’t carry a note in a bucket. You’re welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re more Catholic than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s baptism. We welcome service dogs and their handlers. We welcome Muslims, Jews, politicians, and sinners like us. We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk- food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems, or you’re down in the dumps, or you don’t like “organized religion;” we’ve been there too. If you blew all your offering money at the casino, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, who work hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or come because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church. We welcome those who are inked, pierced, or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers, doubters, bleeding hearts...and you.
- OUR STORY Our church website at the very bottom of the home page has an excellent downloadable resource featuring our story and explanation of our unique Christian Adventist emphasis. It's called the Toledo First Assimilation Manual and if you've never read it, I would encourage you to do so. And don't forget, God loves you like crazy. And so do we (2 Corinthians 5:13-14 NLT)!